- Use an informative tone. You’d be surprised how much traffic flows to your web site when people are trying to find information. If you have created an article topic that people are interested in with the proper search tags, you will build hits to your website and potentially build business. Research a topic that is part of your business product or service. Be sure to acknowledge sources for your information.
- Keep your content clean and simple. Avoid using too many complicated words that confuse the reader. Writing should be honed down to the fewest number of words that get your point across. Forcing a reader to muddle through long winded descriptions is a sure way to lose their interest. Work on perfecting a writing style that is friendly and fun. Use humor if possible to keep a light tone.
- A good article begins with an introduction. Next provide the information that was outlined in the introduction. Bullet points are an effective way to keep your content interesting. Some authors provide using short paragraphs. Inserting sub headings also adds interest to your article. Follow up with a conclusion that reviews some of the information in your content.
- Use descriptive adjectives to liven up your writing. Don’t forget the similes and metaphors. Similes use “like” and “as”. For example “She ran through the woods like a gazelle.” Or “He was as slow as molasses.” A metaphor describes a noun as if compared to another object directly. For example “My Dad is a bear in the morning.”
- Be sure to provide links at the bottom of your article to ensure more searches to your website from search engines. Joomla provides a simple method to add links or tags in the K-2 extension for article writing. Don’t forget to update the meta-tag title, description, and keywords.
Utilizing these tips should make writing your content easier and your results more effective.